- Personal information collected by MIMS, and purpose and reason of such collection of personal information
(Purpose of use)
- To operate, improve, personalize the Site and Services provided;
- Communicate with you regarding User Account and Site updates;
- Provision of Services and information related to the Site;
- To send you more relevant educational content and marketing/advertising information from MIMS or on behalf of MIMS partners;
- Development and research of new services;
- Provision of notification relating to questionnaires, events and the like to users and provision of information to users via emails;
- Coordination with third party institutions (Ministry of Health, and the like);
- For system administration and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions which do not identify any individual;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Please be assured that the personal information collected, used or disclosed for these purposes; MIMS will protect it as required under the relevant Personal Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation. In the event a data intermediary is used, the personal information disclosed to them is held with the same security and confidentiality measures and protocols that MIMS have.
- Information to be collected
- Personal information and information related to Users' Accounts: MIMS will collect your personal information related your accounts with MIMS, such as the name (first and surname), email address, other professional information, e.g. Specialty and profession, phone number (including mobile), address, job title and other information necessary to register as a User on the Site. MIMS may also collect any generated content that you may upload to the Site ("User-Generated Content" or "UGC") and other personal information required for MIMS Point and MIMS campaign when MIMS needs to deliver the prize/rewards to you.
- Third Party Interactive Features: You may participate in Services on the Site where MIMS partner with third party, for example, MIMS Research, Continuous Medical Education ("CME"). Additional personal information may be required in order for MIMS to provide such Services to you.
- Advertisers: MIMS do not control the practices of the advertisers on their sites. When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you away from our Sites to third-party websites, you will be subject to that party's privacy policies.
- Information related to the status of use: MIMS will collect information related to the devices you use for accessing the Site and/or Service as well as information from such devices. This includes IP address, type of browser and device, web pages that you visited prior to accessing MIMS's site, and personal identification information related to the devices being used. Furthermore, there may be cases where the devices being used (depending on the setting) may transmit position information to the Site.
- Parties with whom MIMS may share/disclose personal information
MIMS may in certain cases share/disclose personal information with others as described below.
If you are a healthcare professional, we may request that a third party validate your licensure status and other information against available databases of healthcare professional. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we may provide these companies and individuals with personal information about you so that they can fulfill their responsibilities to us, however, we do require that they agree to limit their use of this personal information and agree to comply with all relevant personal data protection regulations to the fulfillment of these responsibilities.
- Advertisers: When you are exposed to an advertisement through the Services, MIMS may provide your personal information (such as name, specialty, and country of residence) and information about your engagement with the Services (e.g., whether you viewed, interacted with or requested information about promotional content) to advertisers and their agents or potential advertisers and their agents. Additionally, when you become a registered users of the Services, we may provide your personal information to potential advertisers and their agents.
We will NEVER provide these Advertisers with your personal contact information such as email, phone number or mailing address without your consent.
- MIMS Survey: Generally, these surveys provide specific feedback using aggregated, de-identified data to third parties used to analyze trends and statistics for medical marketing, research, and development purposes, and neither your identity nor your specific feedback is shared with third parties. However, under the following circumstances, your identity may be shared with third parties and/or associated with specific feedback: (i) when we have your permission, (ii) when we match user information with such third party's data, and (iii) when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. In all circumstances, the privacy of our User is protected, and if such sharing is permitted or required, your answers and identity will remain confidential.
- MIMS Research: By registering for this Service, you are required to provides additional personal information such as your workplace details including but not limited work phone number, workplace address, and the responses you have provided for this Services in order for MIMS to share with MIMS partners to access if you are a suitable candidate for the clinical research.
- CME: Personal information provided by you under this Services, such as name, profession and workplace address may be shared with companies in healthcare industry.
- Possibility of disclosure of information
MIMS may disclose your personal information to a third party (a) when it is necessary to observe laws and ordinances, (b) when it is necessary to protect a person from death or serious bodily injury, (c) when it is necessary to prevent acts of fraud or abuse against MIMS or Users, (d) when it is necessary to protect the ownership of MIMS (e) when an order is issued by the government or court, (f) when it is necessary to improve public health and promote the sound growth of children, (g) when the information is used as statistical information in which personal information cannot be identified, (h) when the consent of users has been obtained, or (i) when MIMS otherwise determines that the disclosure of information is reasonably necessary.
- Transfer of personal information overseas
- Management method of your personal information
MIMS will take necessary and appropriate measures to safely protect your personal information. Furthermore, MIMS will continuously exert efforts to develop functions to safely maintain your personal information; provided, however, that MIMS does not warrant complete security, and will not be liable in any way for any damage caused by the vulnerability of security.
- Access, Retention and deletion of personal information
If you wish to verify the personal information you have submitted to MIMS or if you wish to check on the manner in which MIMS uses and processes your personal information, MIMS's security procedures mean that MIMS may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of full details of name and NRIC, Passport or FIN number. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which MIMS takes in response to a request from someone using your personal information.
- Contacting you
If you wish MIMS to correct, amend or delete your information acquired by MIMS, or if you have any inquiries or concerns concerning MIMS, the Site, Services or privacy, please send your message to email@example.com
- Governing Law
Updates on 14 September 2017